Application to the Fulbright Foreign Student Program is now Closed.
OPPORTUNITY TO GET A MASTER’S DEGREE FROM A U. S. COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a U.S. Department of State funded scholarship that gives young professionals an opportunity to study for master’s degree in the United States. Program participants also get an understanding of U.S. society and values. Successful candidates are expected to return to Sierra Leone after their studies and contribute to the country’s development in their respective field. The Fulbright Award is merit-based and highly competitive.
- Must be a Sierra Leonean citizen currently living in Sierra Leone
- Hold a minimum first degree (bachelor’s equivalent with excellent score)
- Must have at least five consecutive years professional experience
- Must demonstrate outstanding academic and English language competencies
- Must exceed Fulbright Program minimum score on TOEFL & GRE tests (tests can be taken after selection)
- Prior stay in the United States must be fewer than ten months
- Must not be a Diversity Visa lottery participant at the time of applying
FIELDS OF STUDY:
All fields are permitted, with the exception of medicine; however, studies in related fields such as public health (theoretical research focus only).
Candidates working in trade and economy, good governance, security, environmental, public administration fields are encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Please Contact Cultural Affairs Assistant of the U.S. Embassy on 099-105-364 or send an email to email@example.com if you need more information. More information available at https://sl.usembassy.gov/education-culture/
FIELDS OF STUDY:
All fields are permitted, with the exception of medicine; however, studies in related fields such as public health (theoretical research focus only). Candidates working in trade and economy, good governance, security, environmental, public administration fields are encouraged to apply.
PROJECT OPPORTUNITIES IN SIERRA LEONE
The Fulbright Specialist Program offers year-round project opportunities of two to six weeks in length. The shorter duration of Specialist projects is beneficial for both the U.S. academic or professional who may not be available to leave their position for an extended period of time and the host institution which needs an experienced partner on a short-term basis.
Through the Fulbright Specialist Program, U.S. academics and professionals can apply their knowledge and expertise to a diverse array of activities including, but not limited to:
- Delivering a seminar or workshop
- Consulting on faculty or workforce development
- Developing academic or training curricula and materials
- Lecturing at the graduate or undergraduate level
- Conducting needs assessments or evaluations for a program or institution
The Fulbright Specialist Program also distinguishes itself through the diversity of its participants. Both university faculty members and highly experienced non-academics, including legal experts, business professionals, artists, scientists, and journalists, are encouraged to apply and use their unique expertise in support of host institutions abroad.
FIELDS OF STUDY:
All fields are welcome to apply and the following are encouraged:
Business Administration and Job Creation, Cyber Security and IT, Media Literacy/Countering Disinformation, Public Administration, Natural Disaster Response, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
BENEFITS FOR HOST INSTITUTIONS:
The Fulbright Specialist Program welcomes participation from a wide array of institutions, including universities, non-governmental organizations, cultural centers, and medical facilities. By implementing their designed project in collaboration with the Fulbright Specialist, host institutions:
- Gain global perspectives from experienced academics and professionals;
- Execute projects that require a rapid response or flexible timeline through short-term, year-round exchanges; and
- Build sustained relationships with individuals and institutions in the U.S.
BENEFITS FOR SPECIALISTS:
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), along with host institutions abroad, provide U.S.-based Specialists with full funding to participate in Fulbright Specialist projects. Benefits include:
- Round-trip, economy class airfare between the U.S. and host country
- Transit allowance
- All applicable visa fees
- Daily honorarium
- Enrollment in a limited health benefits program
- In-country transportation
Upon returning to the U.S., program participants are able to contribute their newly gained knowledge and intercultural competencies to their home institution or organization. Program participants will also become part of a network of thousands of accomplished Fulbright alumni, opening the door to additional grant possibilities, enhanced career development, and alumni networking and leadership opportunities.
Please Contact Cultural Affairs Assistant of the U.S. Embassy on +232 99 105 364 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.