OPPORTUNITY TO GET A MASTER’S DEGREE FROM A U.S. COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a U.S. Department of State funded scholarship that gives young professionals an opportunity to study for master’s degree in one of the many colleges in the United States. Program participants also get an understanding of U.S. society and values. Successful candidates are expected to return to Sierra Leone after their studies and contribute to the country’s development in their respective field. The Fulbright Award is merit-based and highly competitive.
Interested candidates should submit their contact information, updated CV and a half-page study objective no later than November 25, 2018 to the U.S. Embassy Security Post, South ridge, Hill Station, Freetown.
- Must be a Sierra Leonean citizen currently living in Sierra Leone
- Hold a minimum first degree (bachelor’s equivalent with excellent score)
- Must have at least five consecutive years professional experience
- Must demonstrate outstanding academic and English language competencies
- Must exceed Fulbright Program minimum score on TOEFL & GRE tests (tests can be taken after selection)
- Must not have participated in the DV-lottery at the time of applying
- FIELDS OF STUDY:
All fields are permitted, with the exception of medicine; however, studies in related fields such as public health (theoretical research focus only).
Candidates working in trade and economy, good governance, security, environmental, public administration fields are encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Please Contact Cultural Affairs Assistant of the U.S. Embassy on 099-105-364 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information. More information available at http://freetown.usembassy.gov/eduprofexcg.html .