J. William Fullbright Foreign Scholarship
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a U.S. Department of State funded scholarship that gives young professionals an opportunity to study for master’s degree in one of the many colleges in the United States. Program participants also get an understanding of U.S. society and values. Successful candidates are expected to return to Sierra Leone after their studies and contribute to the country’s education and public sector. The Fulbright Award is merit-based and highly competitive.
Applications for the 2019-2020 Fulbright recruitment cycle are now closed. Please check back in the fall for the 2020-2021 recruitment cycle
U. S. Scholar wishing to apply for Fulbright Scholarships to study and teach in Sierra Leone should consult the Fulbright website at www.cies.org
- Must be a Sierra Leonean citizen currently living in Sierra Leone
- Hold a minimum first degree (bachelor’s equivalent with excellent score)
- Must have at least five consecutive years professional experience
- Must demonstrate outstanding academic and English language competencies
- Must exceed Fulbright Program minimum score on TOEFL & GRE tests
- Must not have participated in the DV-lottery at the time of applying
Fields of Study:
All fields, with the exception of medicine; however, studies in related fields such as public health (theoretical research focus only) are permitted.
Candidates working in trade and economy, good governance, security, environmental, public administration fields are encouraged to apply.
Please Contact Cultural Affairs Assistant of the U.S. Embassy on 099-105-364 or send an email to email@example.com if you need more information. More information available at http://sl.usembassy.gov/education-culture/educational-professional-exchange/ .