OPPORTUNITY TO GET GRADUATE TRAINING FROM A U.S. COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides one academic year of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector. The Humphrey Program fosters a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the United States and the Fellows’ home countries. The Program offers its Fellows valuable opportunities for leadership development and professional engagement with Americans and their counterparts from many nations around the world. Humphrey Fellowships are awarded competitively to candidates who are mid-career professionals in many fields.
Application to the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is now Closed
- Must be a Sierra Leonean citizen currently living in Sierra Leone
- Must hold a minimum of a first degree (bachelor’s equivalent with excellent scores)
- Must have at least seven consecutive years of professional experience
- Must be in a strategic administrative or managerial position
- Must pass the TOEFL test (test can be taken after selection)
- Prior stay in the United States must be fewer than ten months
- Must not be a Diversity Visa lottery participant at the time of applying
FIELDS OF STUDY: This program open to candidates in the following fields: Agriculture and rural development, economic development, finance and banking, natural resources, environmental policy, urban and regional planning, communications/journalism, law and human rights, public policy and public administration, trafficking in persons policy and prevention, technology policy, human resources management, educational administration, public health policy, and substance abuse education.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Please Contact the Cultural Affairs Assistant of the U.S. Embassy on 099-105-364 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information. Additional information is also available at https://sl.usembassy.gov/education-culture/