CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
YES (Youth Exchange and Study) 2019-2020 season
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) is a program funded by the United States Government to promote respect for cultural diversity, friendship between the United States and your country, and opportunities for personal development through international host family living.
The program is implemented in Sierra Leone by the private, not-for-profit organization “International Education and Resource Network” (iEARN).
The program provides the opportunity to attend an American school, share in U.S. family life, learn about the United States, increase the participant’s sensitivity of cultural differences and similarities, and develop a deepened awareness of shared human values and interests.
The YES program does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion or sex in employment or in making selections and placements for students.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
YES Program Application (PDF 2 MB)
Participation in the program:
- No immediate family member has applied at any time for permission to emigrate to the U.S.A. or for a green card.
- The applicant must be at least 15 years old by August 1st 2019 and not older than 18 by August 1st
- Applicant must be in SSS 1 or SSS 2.
- The applicant is a legal citizen or permanent resident of Sierra Leone.
- The Applicant must have 70% or above in all subjects yearly mean for the past 2 years.
- The applicant must be a fluent English speaker.
- The applicant must have not lived in the U.S. before.
- The applicant must submit school Results for the past 2 years and a passport picture with the application.
- A copy of a birth certificate will be needed for every applicant.
Please submit your application to iEARN 0ffice no later than 3Oth November 2018.
iEARN office contact for any questions and concerns:
iEARN Sierra Leone
Floor 1 National Stadium Hostel
Freetown – Sierra Leone
Mobile: 078 270412