Event: Repatriation Flight to the United States, June 9, 2020
Location: Sierra Leone (countrywide)
A special charter flight is scheduled for Tuesday, June 9, 2020 from Freetown to Dulles Airport, Virginia. Passengers will be responsible for their own transportation from the arrival airport to their final destinations.
American citizens and legal permanent residents who wish to return to the United States should complete the online request form. Each adult family member must submit their own form. Children may be listed on a parent’s form. If you submitted your information last week, please do not resubmit the form. An e-mail will be sent to confirmed passengers with additional details about the flight.
Passengers on this flight will be required to sign a promissory note for the cost of the flight. At this time, we do not have a confirmed cost for the flight but anticipate that it would be around $2400. Passengers will be billed for the cost of the flight upon their return to the United States.
You should not plan to travel on this flight if you are ill, have a fever, cough, or any other upper respiratory symptoms. The government of Sierra Leone will have a mandatory health screening at Lungi airport for all passengers.
Questions about the flight may be sent to Freetownevac@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Sierra Leone.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Visit the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health website for COVID information.
- U.S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone
Southridge, Hill Station
+(232) 99 105 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sierra Leone Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates