Event: Restrictions on Inter-District Travel Lifted; Curfew Hours Reduced
Location: Sierra Leone (countrywide)
On June 23, the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health confirmed 1,347 cases of COVID-19 in Sierra Leone.
The restrictions on Inter-District Travel have been lifted in Sierra Leone. Curfew hours have been reduced. The nationwide curfew now extends from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Visit the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health website for updates.
Churches and mosques are closed and public gatherings are cancelled. Sierra Leone’s border closures remain in effect and commercial flight operations continue to be suspended. Several commercial airlines have started to take reservations for flights departing from Sierra Leone in July and August. Please check with commercial airlines for information on these flights. We do not anticipate additional repatriation flights from Sierra Leone to the United States.
STEP Enrollment: All U.S. citizens in Sierra Leone are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and monitor the Embassy’s website and Facebook page for the latest available information. We will release updated information on the situation in Sierra Leone as it becomes available. For the Embassy’s most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 Information Page.
U.S. Embassy Freetown Consular Operations: The consular section is closed for routine services at this time. We remain available for emergency American Citizen Services (ACS). If you are a U.S. citizen requiring emergency assistance, please contact the ACS Unit by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Sierra Leone.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Visit the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health website for COVID information.
- U.S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone
Southridge, Hill Station
+(232) 99 105 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sierra Leone Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter