Location: Sierra Leone
The government of Sierra Leone has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Sierra Leone has implemented mandatory quarantine for travelers who are traveling from countries with confirmed cases of COVID-19. Visit the website of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation for additional information on these new measures.
The government of Sierra Leone has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Sporting events, festivals, and gatherings larger than 100 people have been banned. Visit the local government COVID-19 website, Ministry of Health and Sanitation for updated information.
Many travelers in Sierra Leone have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Sierra Leone.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone
Southridge, Hill Station
+(232) 99100 5000
+(232) 99905029 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sierra Leone Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter