Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone (October 4, 2020)
Location: Central Freetown and Makeni, Sierra Leone
Event: Former President Ernest Bai Koroma will be questioned by the Anti-Corruption Commission on Monday, October 5. Street closures and spontaneous demonstrations are possible. U.S. Embassy personnel have been advised to avoid the area and remain alert while travelling.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas that may be affected by this event which include, but are not limited to, central Freetown and Makeni.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone
Southridge, Hill Station
+(232) 99 105 5000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sierra Leone Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter