Location: Guinean Embassy, Freetown
Event: Guinean Legislative elections
The Guinean legislative elections and constitutional referendum are scheduled to take place on Sunday, March 1. On February 22, the Guinean Embassy in Freetown was attacked by Guinean nationals resulting in material damage to the building and one dead. The Guinean Embassy will be used as a voting center during the elections. Embassy personnel have been advised to avoid the area of the Guinean Embassy on March 1; if you normally utilize this area, we recommend planning alternate routes for your travel plans.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone
+(232) 99100 5000
+(232) 99905029 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.