Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone (December 8-9, 2018)
Location: Bureh Beach
Event: December 8 to December 9, 2018, a Sierra Leone political organization is hosting a large beach party. As with any large gathering, there is a risk of increased petty crime, including pickpocketing. If travelling south of Freetown, exercise caution and expect large crowds and heavy traffic.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone
+(232) 99100 5000
+(232) 99905029 (after hours)
U.S. Embassy Freetown Website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sierra Leone Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook