The U.S. Embassy in Freetown is aware of the tragic mudslides and flooding in Freetown today. As a precaution, all U.S. Citizens are advised to avoid areas affected by flooding. U.S. citizens in-country, please contact your families to let them know you are safe.
We are monitoring the situation and express our condolences to all who have been impacted.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Sierra Leone.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- You can contact U. S. Embassy Freetown is located at Southridge, Hill Station Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- You can contact us at +232- 99 105-500 during regular business hours or call the Emergency After-Hours Telephone +232-99 905-029.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-444 from other countries 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).