Auction Rules for Bidders
US Embassy Freetown October 26, 2021, Auction
- Bidders must comply with COVID mitigation regulations (mask wearing, hand washing, physical distancing)
- Auction is sealed bid and will take place from 9:00 until 14:00.
- Items are at the U. S. Embassy Freetown compound.
- There is a 30.000SLL nonrefundable entrance fee for every person entering the auction area.
- Once a bidder pays the entrance fee, bidders can inspect the items and deposit bids. Re-entering without payment of entrance fee is not allowed.
- There is a 500. 000SLL security deposit if you want to bid for a lot.
- The full security deposit is refundable if you do not place a winning bid.
- The security deposit will be credited toward your bid if you place a winning bid.
- If you do not win, you can collect your security deposit on Monday, November 1 and Tuesday, November 2 from 9:30 until 1:00 at the U.S. Embassy.
- Bids will be counted after the closing of the auction on October 26, and the winners will be informed by a phone call the morning of October 27 from 09:00 until 12:00.
- If you place a winning bid, you must pay by noon on Friday, October 29 and pick up your items.
- IT equipment and small items will be packed in boxes by lot, after the closing of the auction to protect them from the weather. If you win one of these lots, you will be asked to inspect the items in the box before you pay for it.
- For the vehicles, bidders must pay the full amount of their bid by noon on Friday October 29. They will then be given a Bill of Sale and a Bill of Lading for customs and registration purposes, and they are expected to complete transfer of ownership process by Friday November 12th. Only after the completion of the transfer of ownership will the vehicle be released to the buyer.
- Customs and NRA taxes my apply to other items (like generators) based on the assessment of Customs and NRA representatives during the auction. You will be informed on site and must pay any customs and taxes before items will be released to you.
- In cases where a winning bidder refuses to pay their full bid amount, that bidder will lose their security deposit and the bid will be disqualified. The next highest bidder will then be deemed a winner and informed.
When is the Security Deposit not refundable?
Your Security Deposit will not be refunded in the following cases:
- If you win but do not pay the bid you submitted.
- If you do not pay the full winning bid by noon on October 29, 2021.
- If you win multiple lots but refuse to pay for all wins.